It's May the fourth today and, for nerds, that means it's Christmas.
The press release states that they are actually Grogu from The Mandalorian-inspired ears but I've seen one of the Star Wars movies (the one with Dark Vader in it) and I think I know my Yodas from my Grogus.
These Yoda ears don't actually help your Echo Dot's Alexa microphone to hear better nor do they add any Force (that's not listed in the specs, at least), but they do - according to other news stories covering the launch - look 'cute' and, by all accounts, are a 'must have' if you like The Star Wars.
The ears, made by Otterbox Den Series, are available to pre-order now and will begin shipping on 10 June.
As well as the Spock ears, you can also ask your Echo smart speaker a load of Star Wars related things now. What a time to be alive, eh?
Things such as:
- âAlexa, talk like Chewbaccaâ
- âAlexa, talk like Darth Vaderâ
- âAlexa, talk like Jabba the Hutâ
- âAlexa, talk like R2-D2â
- âAlexa, use the Forceâ
- âAlexa, may the Force be with youâ
- âAlexa, May the fourth be with youâ
- âAlexa, talk like C-3POâ
- âAlexa, aren't you a little short for a storm trooperâ
- âAlexa, talk like Luke Skywalkerâ
- âAlexa, these aren't the droids you're looking forâ
- âAlexa, talk like Jar Jar Binksâ
- âAlexa, give me a Star Wars quoteâ
- âAlexa, that's no moonâ
- âAlexa, admiral, it's a trapâ
- âAlexa, talk like Princess Leiaâ
- âAlexa, talk like Yodaâ
- âAlexa, talk like Han Soloâ